2018 Reading and Blogging Goals!
There’s only a few days left in 2017! It’s hard to believe that 2018 is almost here! This past year was filled with great books and exciting milestones for my blog. I discovered some new favorite books (which I’ll be talking about in another post soon), and my blog has almost doubled in views since last December. I’m really looking forward to seeing what next year brings!
Today, I’m going to share my hopes and goals for reading and blogging for 2018! So, let’s get started!
- Read more pages. For 2018, I want to focus less on how many books I complete, and more about page count. Sometimes, I get so focused on completing my Goodreads goal, that if I’m behind schedule, I’ll choose to read a shorter book I’m not as interested in, as opposed to a larger book I’m more interested in, just so I can complete a book. So, for next year, my goal is to read 15,000 pages. Hopefully, this will encourage me to read the books I feel like, and stress less about my Goodreads goal.
- Read more classics. This was something I had planned to do this year, but I just didn’t feel like reading many classics, which is totally fine. However, it’s something I’d really like to get to next year. In fact, I’ve decided to create a classics reading challenge! I’m still working out the details right now, but look for an announcement about it coming in early 2018!
- Reread. I want to reread some of my favorite books. It’s been years since I’ve read most of the books that I would consider my favorite, and I want to reread them! I want to see if they’re still my favorites, relive my favorite parts, and revisit my favorite characters.
- Maintain consistency. These past couple of months, I feel like I’ve been doing really well with my blogging. I’ve actually been posting consistently again! I participated in Blogmas, which really motivated me. While I don’t plan on posting every day, I want to keep on a consistent schedule.
- Be realistic. Last year, I had a goal to post a new book review every Wednesday and Saturday. Obviously, that didn’t happen. I’ve only read 50 books this year! How did I think I was going to be able to post 2 reviews a week?! So, for 2018, I want to post as much as I can, but at the same time, I want to be realistic about it, so I don’t get discouraged. So, no, I won’t be posting 2 reviews a week. However, I would like to still post 1 review a week, and I think that is a realistic goal for me!
- Host an event. I’m really looking forward to hosting my own readathons and challenges this year! I’ve never hosted anything like that on my blog, and I think it might be a fun experience. Like I said, I’m planning a classics challenge for early 2018!
- Interact more. I want to really interact with and meet more bloggers in 2018. I’m terrible at keeping up with everyone’s posts, and that makes me sad. I really love reading everyone’s blogs and hearing their opinions. So, hopefully, I’ll be able to stay more connected to everyone next year!
That just about sums up my reading and blogging goals for 2018! I’d love to hear yours in the comments. 🙂
Here’s to a new year filled with good books, blogging, and friends! 🥂
Follow me on:
(I receive a tiny commission if you follow my BD links!)