New Years Book Tag!
Hello! Today, I’m doing the New Year’s Book Tag, which was created by Bookables, but I discovered on Jessie’s blog at Nerdy Book Life. With there only being a few days left in 2017, I thought it would be the perfect tag to do!
Alright, let’s get started:
1. How many books are you planning to read in 2018?
Like I said in my 2018 Reading and Blogging Goals post, I’m focusing less on the number of books I read, and more on the number of pages. So, my goal is to read 15,000 pages in 2018, and I’ll just see how many books that equals out to in the end! 🙂
2. Name 5 books that you didn’t get to this year but want to make a priority in 2018.
I’ll be honest, too, one of the main reasons I didn’t get to most of these books was because of their size. I was too focused on not falling behind on my Goodreads goal, that I kept putting off these larger books. That’s why I’m focusing more on page count, instead of book count!
3. What genre do you want to read more of?
I want to read more fantasy, historical fiction, and classics. I always forget how much I love those genres until I pick up books related to them, and then I wonder why I don’t read them more often, lol. So, here’s to me actually reading more books in those genres!
4. Name 3 non book related goals for 2018.
- I want to get better at crocheting, and maybe even sell some of my projects. I’ve been crocheting for about 2 years now, and it’s something that I really love to do. I want to work on new projects, try out new stitches, and just overall continue to improve!
- In typical New Year’s fashion, I’d like to get healthier. I ate way too many pizzas and Blizzards this year, and while I definitely plan on still eating them in 2018, I want to add more fruits, veggies, and water in the mix. Also, I’d like to be more active. I’m not planning anything extreme, because I want to be realistic with myself, but I just want to focus on being an overall, healthier me.
- I want to get my driver’s license. Yes, I’m 23, and I still don’t have my license (but hey, Ray Bradbury didn’t have his, either!). 🙈 It’s one of those things that I’ve just always put off, because I low-key have a fear of driving. Plus, I know enough people who are willing to take me where I need to go, that it was just one of those things I kept stalling about. However, I think it’s finally time.
5. What’s a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read?
The Sweet Far Thing! I’ve had this book for almost three years now, and I still haven’t read it! I loved the first 2 books in the series, and I really want to find out how the series ends, but the sheer size of this book has always made me apprehensive. It is 819 pages, and that is a lot of pages to commit to. However, this book will be read in 2018! I mean it this time!!
6. One word that your hoping 2018 will be:
7. Tag a friend!
Plus, anyone else who wants to do this!
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you have planned for the new year!
Follow me on:
(I receive a tiny commission if you follow my BD links!)